ISO 22301 Security and resilience – Business continuity management systems – Requirements Offered by abilitypro is a management system standard published by International Organization for Standardization that specifies requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of occurrence, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise. It is intended to be applicable to all organizations, or parts thereof, regardless of type, size and nature of the organization
Why should you attend?
No two disasters in the world cause equal damage. Between the unpredictability of natural disasters, information security breaches, and incidents of different nature, preparedness can make you stand out in the crowd and predict the future of your business. In light of this, proper planning is essential to mitigating risks, avoiding consequences, coping with the negative effects of disasters and incidents, but at the same time, continuing your daily operations so that customer needs do not remain unfulfilled.
Organizations can make progress towards understanding and managing disasters, incidents, and risks by having a BCMS based on ISO 22301 in place. Therefore, PECB has designed this training course to prepare its participants implement a business continuity management system (BCMS) in compliance with the requirements of ISO 22301. Attending this training course allows you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of the business continuity management system and to be able to establish a framework that allows the organization to continue operating efficiently during disruptive events.
After attending the training course, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” certificate will prove that you have the professional capabilities and practical knowledge to implement a BCMS based on the requirements of ISO 22301 in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Project managers and consultants involved in business continuity
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of the business continuity management system
- Individuals responsible to maintain conformity with BCMS requirements within an organization
- Members of the BCMS team
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of a business continuity management system (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
- Interpret the ISO 22301 requirements for a BCMS from the perspective of an implementer
- Initiate and plan the implementation of a BCMS based on ISO 22301, by utilizing PECB’s IMS2 Methodology and other best practices
- Support an organization in operating, maintaining, and continually improving a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Prepare an organization to undergo a third-party certification audit
- This training course is based on theory, implementation best practices, and ISO 22301 requirements useful for the implementation of a BCMS.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical exercises based on a case study which includes role-playing and discussions.
- The participants are encouraged to intercommunicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar to the certification exam.
Participants who attend this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of business continuity concepts and comprehensive knowledge of BCMS implementation principles.