Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a PIMS audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with PIMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a PIMS audit
- Expert advisors in the protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Understand a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) and its processes based on ISO/IEC 27701
- Identify the relationship between ISO/IEC 27701, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Acquire the competences of the auditor’s role in planning, leading, and following up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701 in the context of a PIMS audit
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in PIMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role-playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of information security and privacy, and a comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) and ISO/IEC 27701
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation, and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification exam